Re: [GENERAL] Shared WAL archive between master and standby: WALs notalways identical - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Shared WAL archive between master and standby: WALs notalways identical
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/27/2017 04:40 PM, Sasa Vilic wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I am trying to setup shared WAL archive between master and standby.
> Standby is synchronously streaming from master and both servers run with
> archive_mode = always. The ideas is that when promoting standby to
> master we would not missed WALs.

I seem to be missing the point of duplicating your effort.

You are doing this, correct?:

Master WAL --> WAL archive <--

Master stream --> Standby --> |

I can't see how the Standby contributes anything to the archive that it
does not already have from the Master?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com