Re: Syncing Data of data type BLOB into Postgres- Bytea - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Syncing Data of data type BLOB into Postgres- Bytea
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/13/2016 11:40 PM, Cynthia Hombakazi Ngejane wrote:

Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.

> 9.3
> it just says syntax error near (

Can you show the actual complete error?

> I have a variable QByteArray that stores the fingerprint data, then:
> I am using QString Query = "insert into tableName(colName) values
> (:valName)";

What is the actual value of :valName?

In other words is it the raw value or has it been escaped per here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/datatype-binary.html

> prepare the query;
> then query.bindValue;
>
> lastly query.exec();
>
> On 10 November 2016 at 16:31, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 11/09/2016 11:35 PM, Cynthia Hombakazi Ngejane wrote:
>

>         Hello,
>
>         I have two databases SQLlite and Postgres,  SQLite is my local
>         database
>         in it I am saving fingerprint templates that get capture onsite (i.e
>         offline) and my column is of type BLOB. Now I want to sync these
>         templates into Postgres (to the server), so I created a column
>         of type
>         bytea but Postgres is refusing to take BLOB it says there was a
>         syntax
>         error. I am using Qt c++ 5.7  application  to do the syncing.
>

>     What version of Postgres?
>
>     What is the syntax error?
>
>     What is the code you are using to insert/update the data into Postgres?
>

>         Please Help...
>
>         CH Ngejane
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver