Re: PostgreSQL 10.20 crashes / Antivirus - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 10.20 crashes / Antivirus
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/19/22 04:59, Thomas, Richard wrote:
> A request for further suggestions for how to fix/diagnose this PG crash (having just got back from holiday I discover
thatPG is still crashing even though I have changed the pgdump target output location to a folder excluded from the
McAfeeAntivirus scanning - but thanks for the suggestion Adrian). The last few crashes have occurred only during the
backupprocess, when database pg_dump completes (successfully - including the disconnection message in the log) but
beforethe next database pgdump can begin (that pg_dump command gets the error that it cannot connect to the database as
theserver is no longer responding). This will happen after dumping several databases - sometimes it manages the
completemultiple database dump fine. One new thing I've noticed is that when it fails the file access 0xC0000022 error
occursa second time when PG is trying to restart itself after shutting down all the other processes, suggesting
whatevercaused the crash is still around (a later manual restart works fine):

 From you original post:

"... although the new pg_dump log file was created (is empty) it does
not get as far as creating the .backup file ..."

What are the actual commands you are using to do the above?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com