Re: Initializing Datums for use with SPI_execute_plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jack Orenstein
Subject Re: Initializing Datums for use with SPI_execute_plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/14/06, Andrew - Supernews <andrew+nonews@supernews.com> wrote:
> On 2006-09-14, "Jack Orenstein" <jack.orenstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't think I explained myself clearly. I have a C string (char*,
> > terminating zero) and a byte array (char*, possibly containing zeros,
> > and I know the length). I want to obtain Datums wrapping these values
> > that will be used to bind varchar and bytea columns, and I'm trying to
> > find out how to generate these Datums.
>
> One way:

Thank you, I hope you can help with some clarifications.

>     bytea *my_bytea = (bytea *) palloc(byte_array_len + VARHDRSZ);
>     memcpy(VARDATA(my_bytea), byte_array, byte_array_len);
>     VARATT_SIZEP(my_bytea) = byte_array_len + VARHDRSZ;
>
>     values[0] = DirectFunctionCall1(textin,CStringGetDatum(yourstring));

What is textin -- the name of a function?

>     values[1] = PointerGetDatum(my_bytea);

One other thing is still unclear: What about signed/unsigned long? If
I have a C long, then how do I get a Datum that I can assign to
values[i]?

Jack Orenstein