EPOCH TIMESTAMP Conversion Problem - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Amitanand Chikorde
Subject EPOCH TIMESTAMP Conversion Problem
Date
List pgsql-sql
hi all,
   I have a table 'myTable'.   There is an attribute  in the table as,

Column      |            Type             | Modifiers
-----------------+-----------------------------+-----------mydate     | timestamp without time zone | not null

I want to convert MAX(mydate) from myTable to Epoch.

SELECT EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME ZONE '2007-11-01
17:42:01.81693') ::int4;

How the above query can be used to convert MAX(mydate) to EPoch value?
Is there any other query that I can use?
I think it is not worth to write a function/procedure to just replace
the value in a query?

Thanks in advance

--
Amitanand N. Chikorde.