Re: Replication Syatem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gauri Kanekar
Subject Re: Replication Syatem
Date
Re: Replication Syatem
List pgsql-performance
HOT doesn't seems to be working in our case.

This is "table1" structure :
 id        integer    not null
 code        integer    not null
 crid        integer    not null
 status        character varying(1)    default 'A'::character varying
 delta1        bigint    default 0
 delta2        bigint    default 0
 delta3        bigint    default 0
 delta4        bigint    default 0
 tz_id        integer    default 0
    "idx1" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
    "idx2" UNIQUE, btree (code, crid)
    "idx3" btree (tz_id)
    "idx4" btree (status)

code as crid are foreign key.

Here delta* fields get updated through out the day. and most of the time it may update the same row again n again.

table1 contains around 12843694 records.

Now not understanding y HOT don't work in our case.

Changed fillfactor to 80, 75,70.... but nothing seems to work.

~Gauri