Re: Stock Market Price Data & postgreSQL? HELLPPP Please - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sanjay Arora
Subject Re: Stock Market Price Data & postgreSQL? HELLPPP Please
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Tom

For this reply and many earlier ones that have guided me around postgres ;-)

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Sanjay Arora <sanjay.k.arora@gmail.com> writes:

>  It might be worth managing your
> tick data using DBMS entries that represent, say, monthly tick data
> files.  Activities like removing old data would get a lot easier that
> way.  (I wish this had occurred to me twelve years ago, but it's water
> over the dam now.)

Do you mean something like storing one month worth tick data in a blob
type field and giving the contents to the CEP engine for further
building of required data streams? This approach would allow getting
big chunks of data to be handled with not caring location, naming &
indexing etc. of tick data files? Anything else you can suggest?

Best Regards.
Sanjay.