SQL for listing the tables in a specific database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Lonni J Friedman
Subject SQL for listing the tables in a specific database
Date
List pgsql-novice
Greetings,
I've been googling for a while, and I can't seem to find a solution.
What I'd like to do is obtain a list of the tables that are part of a
specific database instance.  Google has provided me with numerous ways
of listing every table across all the database instances, but not a
way to isolate the dataset to just one database.

Here's what I've found thus far, which lists every table from every database:

select * from pg_tables
select table_name from information_schema.tables where table_schema = 'public' ;

thanks!