max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Lonni J Friedman
Subject max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
Date
Re: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-novice
Greetings,
I have a postgresql 8.1.10 instance running on Linux.  When vacuumdb
runs, I see the following in the server log:

NOTICE:  max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
HINT:  You have at least 1000 relations.  Consider increasing the
configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations".
LOG:  max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked

What is puzzling, is where its getting that 1000 from, as in
postgresql.conf, I have:
max_fsm_relations = 2000

I've restarted the server (several times, in fact) since setting
max_fsm_relations=2000, so I can't figure out why its still using
1000.  Is there some alternate location that it might be getting set?

thanks