Re: 2 line patch to allow plpythonu functions to return void ... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: 2 line patch to allow plpythonu functions to return void ...
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom,

This sort of thing normally requires more thought than just removing
the safety check.  What happens when the python code does/doesn't return
a value, in both cases (declared return type void or not)?

python functions are specified to return "None", if no return is given. I recommend to also see a plpython function as a Python function, and return None if no return is specified.

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare