Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths
Date
Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths  (Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 28/05/17 19:01, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> So running in cloud land now...so for no errors - will update.

The framework ran 600 tests last night, and I see 3 'NOK' results, i.e 3
failed test runs (all scale 25 and 8 pgbench clients). Given the way the
test decides on failure (gets tired of waiting for the table md5's to
match) - it begs the question 'What if it had waited a bit longer'?
However from what I can see in all cases:

- the rowcounts were the same in master and replica
- the md5 of pgbench_accounts was different

...so does seem possible that there is some bug being tickled here.
Unfortunately the test framework blasts away the failed tables and
subscription and continues on...I'm going to amend it to stop on failure
so I can have a closer look at what happened.

regards

Mark