Re: pg_dump schema in pg11 without global permissions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_dump schema in pg11 without global permissions
Date
Re: pg_dump schema in pg11 without global permissions  (Sergey Koposov <skoposov@cmu.edu>)
List pgsql-general
On 7/23/19 3:58 PM, Sergey Koposov wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 15:52 -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:

dbname'  |pg_restore -U dbadmin -h localhost -1 -d dbnme

commandsin the dump like this

schema,not on the database.

understand...

>>> The schema permissions are granted to a generic user 'dbuser'. And a bunch of users are members of this role and
that'show they access the schema.

>>> The database permissions on the other hand are granted specifically per individual user.
>> What version of pg_dump are you using?
>>
>> When I dump a version 10 database using a version 11 pg_dump I do not
>> see: GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE
>>
>> pg_dump -Fc -n utility  -s -d production -U postgres -p 5422 -f
>> schema_test.out
>>
>> pg_restore -f schema_test_fc.sql schema_test.out
>
> I'm dumping version 11 database using version 11 pg_dump. I double checked this.
>
> I don't know if in your test-case you have custom users whom you granted connect permissions. I do have them.
> Also what I'm seeing matches perfectly the release notes on pgdump which explicitely mention dumping of the global
properties.
>   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/release-11.html#id-1.11.6.9.4

That is only supposed to happen if you use -C(--create) and I am seeing
that in your examples.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com