Re: FW: RepMgr version numbering on CentOS - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: FW: RepMgr version numbering on CentOS
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Greg,

On Mon, 2019-07-15 at 16:02 +0000, Greg Clough wrote:
> Actually, on second reading I'm not quite sure what tag you're adding.
> Here's what I currently see listed in the two repo's:
>
> repmgr10.x86_64       4.4-1.el7            2ndquadrant-dl-default-release-
> pg10
> repmgr10.x86_64       4.4.0-1.rhel7        pgdg10
>
> They both have a <version>-<tag>, but in the PDGD one the version is v4.4.0
> (three digits), and in 2ndQ it's v4.4 (two digits).

Heh. Let me clarify:

Per

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=history;f=rpm/redhat/master/repmgr/master/repmgr.spec;h=02cd1a9ef73b4b5aee87c4c31e913125e407e4d2;hb=HEAD

Repmgr folks used to have 3-digit version numbers. That is why I still use that
scheme. Apparently they now switched to 2-digit version numbers, but as you can
see from

https://repmgr.org/download/

They have both 4.4.0 and 4.4 in the download directory (I assume they are
symlinks), and that is why my packages never failed to build.

If they will keep 2-digit version numbering in the future as well, I can
release next package with 2 digits.

Cheers,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment