Re: Best data type to use for sales tax percent - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Christensen
Subject Re: Best data type to use for sales tax percent
Date
List pgsql-general
Oops sorry I was thinking 2,3 meant 2 significant digits to the left
of the decimal point and 3 to the right.  I just re-read the docs and
now see what you mean.  6,3 would work fine though is maybe a bit
overkill since a 100% sales tax rate would cause a violent revolution
and lead to beheadings, at which point Postgres data integrity would
be the least of our worries..

I'll probably just use 3,3 and store this value between 0 and 1, since
all I'll be doing with this number is using it to multiply against a
subtotal.  3,3 gives me 0.000 through 0.999, correct?

Mike