Re: Reg: Query for DB growth size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Reg: Query for DB growth size
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

On 29/11/18 10:15 π.μ., R.R. PRAVEEN RAJA wrote:
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
Hi Andreas,

I hope you did not understand my question. I am not asking query for current database size. I am asking for database growth, i mean predicting the increase in database size over a period like a month just like its available in oracle. For oracle you can see the below link.

A huge list of monitoring solutions for Unix/Linux/PostgreSQL. The hot new trend is Prometheus, also you could checkout nagios, icinga, munin, zabbix lots and lots of options there.
You might also try a commercial offering (like e.g. Several Nines), they have some pretty graphs, alarms, alerts of all kinds.
And last but not least, you could have your own monitoring table where you keep periodic snapshots of the live metrics.
You may read here for an overview : https://severalnines.com/blog/key-things-monitor-postgresql-analyzing-your-workload

 Thanks in advance.

Regards,
PraveenRaja