Re: pg_restore performance on solaris 10/6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: pg_restore performance on solaris 10/6
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jul 31, 2006, at 3:45 PM, Thomas Burns wrote:

> our database literally takes 8 times longer on the x4200 as it does on
> OS X (the x4200 hardware should be considerably faster -- it has
> better

for a restore like this, bump up the value of checkpoint_segments to
some large value (I use 256 -- but I have a dedicated partition for
the pg_xlog directory which gets big).

also, the normal tuning of the shared memory settings apply.  how
much RAM do you have and what kind of disks are you using?

Attachment