Re: Need help with full text index configuration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brian Hirt
Subject Re: Need help with full text index configuration
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply.   Doing a frontend mapping was my next option since I really don't care about / and the
abilityto search on it.   Preventing the parser from using the file tokenizer seemed like a better solution so I wanted
togo down that path first (there are other false hits i was worried about too, like email, etc)

I'm really confused about what "ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION dict DROP MAPPING FOR file" actually does.   The
documentationseems to make it sound like it does what I want, but I guess it does something else.

--brian

On Jul 28, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Brian Hirt <bhirt@mobygames.com> writes:
>> For example instead of the parser recognizing three asciiword it recognizes one asciiword and one file.   I'd like a
wayto have the / just get parsed as blank.