Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ilan Volow
Subject Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ?
Date
List pgsql-general
I've never used Npsql and I'm not a C# developer (so take this response with more than a few grains of salt) but from what I remember reading somewhere, Npsql implements postgres protocols natively, with the protocol handling done directly in C# and getting the raw data without going through any other software layers (such as other interfaces that wrap libpq). There are several layers of software between an application speaking ODBC and a PostgreSQL server, and you'll probably get a speed hit going through each of those layers.

-- Ilan