Re: Backends stalled in 'startup' state: index corruption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: Backends stalled in 'startup' state: index corruption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On May 25, 2012, at 7:12 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> writes:
>> In our customer's case, the size of pg_attribute was a little less than 1/4 of shared_buffers, so might not be the
syncscan?

> Could you go back and double check that?  If the shared_buffers setting
> were 7GB not 8GB,

It definitely started happening with 8GB of shared_buffers.

We actually tried reducing shared_buffers to 2GB to see if we were writing out too many dirty buffers at checkpoint
timeor something, but that had no effect, so we put it back to 8GB.