Re: BUG? res.next() == false, but psql finds tuples? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Palle Girgensohn
Subject Re: BUG? res.next() == false, but psql finds tuples?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
--On fredag, april 22, 2005 18.24.07 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:

> Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net> writes:
>> hmmm.... is there any way to use the server's prepared statements from
>> psql?
>
> psql can't use the V3 protocol facilities, which means that you can't
> duplicate the case very closely.
>
> After reading your report this morning, I made a little test program
> using libpq's PQexecParams (basically a quick hack on
> src/test/examples/testlibpq3.c) to duplicate your query.  I didn't
> see any misbehavior; so there is some additional triggering condition
> beyond what you've told us.
>
> Given that the query packet looks 100% reasonable by eyeball, it seems
> unlikely that the issue is on the JDBC side (barring obvious snafus such
> as connecting to a different database than psql is talking to).  But I
> don't have any data with which to pursue the hypothesis of a server bug.

Hmm, yes, there is indeed one thing I didn't tell you... the server is
patches with my ICU patch. That might be a problem? The patch is at
http://people.freebsd.org/~girgen/postgresql-icu

I'll check modifying testlipg3.c with my server, and see what happens.

/Palle