Re: Making PostgreSQL 7.4 (CVS) work properly on OS X 10.3 (7B85) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bob Ippolito
Subject Re: Making PostgreSQL 7.4 (CVS) work properly on OS X 10.3 (7B85)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Nov 8, 2003, at 1:44 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Bob Ippolito <bob@redivi.com> writes:
>> On Nov 8, 2003, at 1:13 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> As for getting rid of system.c, I am not eager to do that since it
>>> would
>>> certainly break compatibility with OS X 10.1.  We could conditionally
>>> compile it out perhaps.  Do you know what #define symbol we could
>>> test
>>> for to determine which OS X version we are on?
>
>> See /usr/include/AvailabilityMacros.h
>
> I don't see anything there that we can use in the form
>
> #ifdef OSX_VERSION_10_2
> or
> #if OSX_VERSION >= something
>
> My 10.2.6 copy already has MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_3 in it, so they are
> obviously not intending that the highest defined symbol of that
> series is the OS version.

MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED
 * If min OS not specified, assume 10.0 * Note: gcc driver may set MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED based on
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable

Compiling software for 10.3 should setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.3

-bob