Re: BUG #3394: Partial search not working - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Murali Doss
Subject Re: BUG #3394: Partial search not working
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear All,

How to change the pg_setting from en_US.UTF-8 to "C".

lc_collate    - en_US.UTF-8
lc_ctype    - en_US.UTF-8
lc_messages    - en_US.UTF-8
lc_monetary    - en_US.UTF-8
lc_numeric    - en_US.UTF-8
lc_time    - en_US.UTF-8

Regards
Murali Doss T.S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]=20
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:50 PM
To: Murali Doss
Cc: Douglas Toltzman; pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #3394: Partial search not working=20

"Murali Doss" <Murali.Doss@mphasis.com> writes:
> I have created new database with encoding as sql_ascii and reloaded
the
> data but still its returning 0 rows in Linux.

It's locale, not encoding (or not only encoding) that determines sort
order.  It sounds to me like you are using C locale on the other
installations but some non-C locale on the Linux one.  In C locale
"BA" is between "B-" and "B~" but in most other locales it's not.

Check LC_COLLATE setting to find out.  If it's wrong you'll have to
re-initdb :-(

            regards, tom lane