Re: PostgreSQL backup issue - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Naomi Walker
Subject Re: PostgreSQL backup issue
Date
List pgsql-admin
At this time, we do not have point in time recovery.  That is slated for 7.5 (we hope).  There is also no way to
performincremenatals (yet).
    -----Original Message-----
    From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of Eric Yum
    Sent: Mon 4/5/2004 7:34 PM
    To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
    Subject: [ADMIN] PostgreSQL backup issue

    Dear all

    I am using PostgreSQL 7.3 as DB server in my company. I am preparing some DB backup and maintenance procedures. I
foundfrom Administrator guide that we can use “dump” command to backup the DB. It just allow me to backup the whole DB
andrestore the whole DB. I wonder that is any command or feature in PostgreSQL allow me to have incremental backup
policylike SQL Server. In addition, when I restore the DB, is it possible to select the specify time frame to restore.

    Million Thanks.

    Best Regards,
    Eric Yum

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain
informationthat is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intendedaddressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use,
copy,disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received
thismessage in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.