left outer join and values() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Allison
Subject left outer join and values()
Date
List pgsql-general
I did something like this with a single VALUES statment [eg:  VALUES
((2),(3))]
and thought I could extend this to two columns....
But I'm not having any luck.

BTW - history_idx is an integer and token_idx is a bigint.

select v.history.idx, v.token_idx
from (
values ((3,1),(3,2))) as v(history_idx, token_idx)
left outer join history_token ht on v.history_idx = ht.history_idx
and v.token_idx = ht.token_idx
where ht.history_idx is null;
ERROR:  operator does not exist: record = integer
LINE 4: left outer join history_token ht on v.history_idx = ht.histo...
                                                           ^
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You
may need to add explicit type casts.

NOTE: the '^' is pointing to the '=' on Line 4