ODBC driver performance on large result-sets - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Alistair Bayley
Subject ODBC driver performance on large result-sets
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Attached are two C programs. They borh (I believe) execute the same
query against a PostgreSQL database on my WinXP laptop. The libpq
version runs quickly (in a second or less), while the ODBC version
takes about 40 seconds. Also, while the ODBC version is processing,
the memory usage for one of the postgres server processes goes up
quite a bit, to 140M.

Any suggestions as to what's causing the difference? And, is there
something I can do about it?

Thanks,
Alistair

Attachment