pg_restore errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Frankel
Subject pg_restore errors
Date
List pgsql-general
After upgrading from postgres 7.x.x to 8.1.0, my database restore
produces the following error msgs.  The database is quite pedestrian:
a dozen or so tables, couple of triggers, some comments, &c.  Note
that even though I get the following errors, a '\dt+' returns the
comment strings.  Are the errors ignorable?  Should I be concerned?

Thanks again!
Scott

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3; 0 2200 COMMENT
SCHEMA public postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be
owner of schema public
     Command was: COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges could be revoked
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges were granted
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1

MacOSX v10.4.2
PostgreSQL v8.1.0

The dump was created using the following cmd-line:

     pg_dump -Ft -b -v dbname  > dumpname.tar