Re: [GENERAL] creating tables in tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] creating tables in tablespace
Date
List pgsql-general
Tiffany Thang <tiffanythang@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks Tom. As the superuser, I'm able to create the table in the specific
> tablespace. Does myuser require additional privileges?

Yes, USAGE on the tablespace if memory serves (check the GRANT man page
for details).

> My aim is to be able to create table in a specific tablespace (in this
> case, mytablespace) by default without having to explicitly specific one. I
> would think that is possible but I'm having trouble making it happen.

Setting default_tablespace, perhaps per-role or per-database if you
don't want to do it within a session, is the way to do that.

            regards, tom lane