Re: PL/pgSQL PERFORM with CTE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL PERFORM with CTE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Aug 20, 2013, at 3:18 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> can you show some examples, please

This is not dissimilar to what I am actually doing:
   CREATE TABLE foo (id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, name TEXT);
   CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION shipit (       VARIADIC things TEXT[]   ) RETURNS BOOL LANGUAGE plpgsql AS $$   BEGIN
 WITH inserted AS (           INSERT INTO foo (name)           SELECT * FROM unnest(things)           RETURNING id
)       PERFORM pg_notify(           'inserted ids',           ARRAY(SELECT * FROM inserted)::text       );
RETURNFOUND;   END;   $$;

Only I am using a dummy row variable instead of PERFORM, of course.

Best,

David