Re: "Cluster" means "tangle" for me - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "Cluster" means "tangle" for me
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff Eckermann <jeckermann@verio.net> writes:
> I would appreciate any advice on getting out of this strange situation.  My
> table now doesn't exist, but I can't recreate it either (at least under that
> name).

Hmm, was "dedcolo" a temp table?  It looks like clustering a temp table
gets confused.  (In current sources, it's still pretty broken: the
cluster succeeds, but the table is no longer temp afterwards ...
will try to fix this for 7.1.)

I'd suggest that you restart your session, then repeat the vacuum,
and for each table that you get "mdopen" notices about, create an
empty file by that name in the database directory.  Then you'll be
able to drop that table.

            regards, tom lane