Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> writes:
>> test=> CREATE EXTENSION file_fdw WITH SCHEMA pg_temp_3;
>> ERROR: function file_fdw_handler() does not exist

> This behavior seems as not related to extensions infrastructure:

Yeah, I think it's just because we won't search the pg_temp schema
for function or operator names, unless the calling SQL command
explicitly writes "pg_temp.foo(...)" or equivalent.  That's an
ancient security decision, which we're unlikely to undo.  It
certainly puts a crimp in the usefulness of putting extensions into
pg_temp, but I don't think it totally destroys the usefulness.
You could still use an extension to package, say, the definitions
of a bunch of temp tables and views that you need to create often.