Re: TIMESTAMP comparison problem - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: TIMESTAMP comparison problem
Date
Re: TIMESTAMP comparison problem  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-sql
On Jan 22, 2008, at 3:05 , Stuart Brooks wrote:

> If I reduce the precision to 3 for the timestamps it appears to
> work although it makes me nervous.

With float timestamps, you're fooling yourself if you think those
numbers past the decimal are reliable.

> Should I just recompile to use integer datetimes? I would like to
> have at least microsecond precision.

Well, you can't get better than microsecond precision with timestamps
in Postgres. And the only way you can rely on that level of precision
is to compile with --enable-integer-datetimes.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net