Re: Extended unit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pailloncy Jean-Gerard
Subject Re: Extended unit
Date
List pgsql-general
>     If you allow multiplication and division, you'd need to store not
> only one type, but an expression like m.s^-2, etc. You'll end up with
> something with Maple. Isn't there some free open source algebraic
> computation toolkit with equations and units somewhere ?
Yes and no.
I am in the (slow) process to have a small library that do a parsing of
this string.
I want to have, + - * / square power function.
We do not need a full algebraic parser.

I restrict for my test the pattern of the type in human reading form as
m.s-1.
A2.m.s-1.rad-2.

no space, separator is point, no power sign, no plus sign for power.

The main trouble is to be clean the power should be in "fraction"
space. and not in "double precision" space. That is just more fun to
add ;-)

Cordialement,
Jean-Gérard Pailloncy