Re: Ability to reference other extensions by schema in extension scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Ability to reference other extensions by schema in extension scripts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Regina Obe" <lr@pcorp.us> writes:
> My proposal is this.  If you think it's a good enough idea I can work up a
> patch for this.
> Extensions currently are allowed to specify a requires in the control file.
> I propose to use this information, to allow replacement of phrases
> @extschema_nameofextension@  as a variable, where nameofextension has to be
> one of the extensions listed in the requires.

I have a distinct sense of deja vu here.  I think this idea, or something
isomorphic to it, was previously discussed with some other syntax details.
I'm too lazy to go searching the archives right now, but I suggest that
you try to find that discussion and see if the discussed syntax seems
better or worse than what you mention.

I think it might've been along the line of @extschema:nameofextension@,
which seems like it might be superior because colon isn't a valid
identifier character so there's less risk of ambiguity.