Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/20/19 7:21 PM, Will Hartung wrote:
>> On May 20, 2019, at 5:15 PM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are there a sufficiently small number of elements in each traits object that you can do something like this, on the
UNINDEXEDtable?

>> SELECT traits->element1, traits->element2, count(*)
>> from eis_entry
>> group by traits->element1, traits->element2;
>>
>> Sure it would run for a long time, but might show you where the problem lies.
> I don’t quite understand what you’re trying to achieve here. Is the intent essentially to access each individual
elementwithin the json on the select statement? There’s at least 50 elements in this thing,

Like I said earlier... "Are there a sufficiently small number of elements in
each traits object...?"  But obviously there aren't.