Re: Data Corruption Errors - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Data Corruption Errors
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 27/9/18 3:39 μ.μ., Ferrell, Denise SDC wrote:
> Using Linux/PostgreSQL 9.5 &  setup on a VM.
>
> I'm receiving the following errors during an insert using a function but this does not happen every time.  When this
doesoccur the database/system is unavailable until the processes are killed or the service is restarted.

> "LOG:  server process (PID xxxxx) was terminated by signal 9:  Killed
> DETAIL: Failed process was running
>     select insert_data ($1, $2,....)
> WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because
anotherserver process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

> HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect ....
> LOG:  connection received
> FATAL:  the database system is in recovery mode"

Did your DB eventually recover? Have you ruled reasons like OOM, non-optimal vm.swapiness , etc ?

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead