Re: Flaky vacuum truncate test in reloptions.sql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Arseny Sher
Subject Re: Flaky vacuum truncate test in reloptions.sql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/30/21 10:12 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:

 > Yep, this is the same problem as the one discussed for c2dc1a7, where
 > a concurrent checkpoint may cause a page to be skipped, breaking the
 > test.

Indeed, Alexander Lakhin pointed me to that commit after I wrote the
message.

 > Why not just using DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING instead here?

I think this is not enough. DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING disables vm consulting
(sets
aggressive=true in the routine); however, if the page is locked and
lazy_check_needs_freeze says there is nothing to freeze on it, we again
don't
look at its contents closely.

-- cheers, arseny