.bash_profile replaced on software updates - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject .bash_profile replaced on software updates
Date
Re: .bash_profile replaced on software updates
List pgsql-general
I'm using CentOS and updating Postgres with yum. Whenever Postgres is updated (even minor updates) the .bash_profile is
replacedwith the lines below. I was happy to see the idea of the .psql_profile added fairly recently, but I don't
understandwhy the last line is commented out. I still have to remember to uncomment the last line in this file every
timeI update Postgres which seems to defeat the purpose.

The reason I need .pgsql_profile is that lots of useful Postgres executables (e.g. pg_archivecleanup) are not in the
postgrespath. Does everyone just use the full path name and change this in the configuration file for major updates?

[ -f /etc/profile ] && source /etc/profile
PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql/9.5/data
export PGDATA
# If you want to customize your settings,
# Use the file below. This is not overridden
# by the RPMS.
#[ -f /var/lib/pgsql/.pgsql_profile ] && source /var/lib/pgsql/.pgsql_profile

John DeSoi, Ph.D.