Re: Fetching last n records from Posgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Deole, Pushkar (Pushkar)
Subject Re: Fetching last n records from Posgresql
Date
Re: Fetching last n records from Posgresql  (Sándor Daku <daku.sandor@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

I am sorry I didn’t clarify my requirement properly.. I want the ‘n’ oldest records, however, they should sorted with the recent record first and I want this to happen in the query itself so I don’t have to care about sorting through the application..

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Moreno Andreo
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 3:03 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Fetching last n records from Posgresql

Il 30/03/2016 11:19, Deole, Pushkar (Pushkar) ha scritto:

select * from t order by record_date desc limit 5;

this will return the recent 5 records.. what I want is the oldest 5 records (in last 30 days)

so remove "desc", in order to have ascending ordering, thus first 5 records are the five oldest:

select * from t order by record_date limit 5

Cheers
Moreno.-