Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Williamson
Subject Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications
Date
List pgsql-hackers
KaiGai --

I was pulled away from any work on this for a few days ... what can I do to help, if anything ? (Keeping in mind that
myknowledge of the internals of postgres is, alas, minimal.) ... I had a quick look at this new page and want to take
another,more careful, look.

The sheer scope of this proposal undoubtedly gives pause to many, so I'd urge a certain minimalism at first to prove
thatthe concept works and doesn't damage the core functionality at all when it is not used (fairly straight forward).
Eventuallyrough measures of the performance hit when it is used will be useful, but users will expect something of a
slow-down,I suspect, in exchange foe the greater security.

To that end, I am wondering if there is test data yet designed ? Are there prescribed tests (I remember seeing some but
theyseem to be buried in months/threads that I have not yet re-dicsovered) ? I have some experience doing QA and could
perhapsalso help in these, a little.

And let me add, I am in awe of your efforts on this !