Re: AIX support - alignment issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Date
Re: AIX support - alignment issues
List pgsql-hackers
On 06.07.22 04:21, Thomas Munro wrote:
>       /*
>        * Do not try to collapse these into one "w+" mode file. Doesn't work on
> -     * some platforms (eg, HPUX 10.20).
> +     * some platforms.
>        */
>       termin = fopen("/dev/tty", "r");
>       termout = fopen("/dev/tty", "w");

I don't know how /dev/tty behaves in detail under stdio.  I think
removing this part of the comment might leave the impression that
attempting to use "w+" will never work, whereas the existing comment
appears to indicate that it was only very old platforms that had the
issue.  If we don't have an immediate answer to that, I'd leave the
comment as is.