Re: pgsql: Allow users to limit storage reserved by replication slots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Allow users to limit storage reserved by replication slots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> However, even with that change, we're still testing that a checkpoint is
> 216 bytes ... in other words, whenever someone changes the definition of
> struct CheckPoint, this test will fail.  That seems unnecessary and
> unfriendly.  I'm not sure how to improve that without also removing that
> column.

I read florican's results as showing that sizeof(CheckPoint) is already
different on 32-bit machines than 64-bit; it's repeatably getting this:

#   Failed test 'check that the slot state changes to "reserved"'
#   at t/019_replslot_limit.pl line 125.
#          got: '0/15000C0|reserved|192 bytes'
#     expected: '0/15000C0|reserved|216 bytes'

This test case was *not* well thought out.