Re: dblink ,dblink_exec not participating in a Transaction?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From carty mc
Subject Re: dblink ,dblink_exec not participating in a Transaction??
Date
List pgsql-general
Jon,
Thanks for the reply.
As i explained earlier, I am using java (via hibernate) to control the overall transaction.
I cannot have begin/rollback statements for dblink_exec.
Only when the entire method call from java succeeds I want the transaction to be commited.

I dont want a funtion controlling the transaction partially. I thought there would be easier way for letting dblink participate in the incoming transaction (i.e. from java-jdbc method call) and commit only when the main transaction commits.
I wanted to treat the whole updates inside the function as one, and let java method call decide whether to commit or rollback.

thanks,