Re: buildfarm's typedefs list has gone completely nutso - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: buildfarm's typedefs list has gone completely nutso
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 7/10/19 8:24 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> I think that's kinda what I'm complaining about... It seems like a bad
>> idea to have this in the buildfarm code, rather than our code. IMO the
>> buildfarm code should invoke an updated src/tools/find_typedef - that
>> way people at least can create typedefs manually locally.

> OK, I don't have a problem with that. I think the sane way to go would
> be to replace it with what the buildfarm is using, more or less.

+1 for the idea --- I've not studied the code, but surely the buildfarm's
version of this code is more bulletproof.

> This looks like a bug in the version of objdump unless I'm reading it
> wrong. Why would this be tagged as a typedef?

Maybe.  We still need to explain the other non-typedef symbols that have
just appeared and are not being reported by calliphoridae.