Re: Big performance slowdown from 11.2 to 13.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Big performance slowdown from 11.2 to 13.3
Date
Re: Big performance slowdown from 11.2 to 13.3  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
List pgsql-performance
"ldh@laurent-hasson.com" <ldh@laurent-hasson.com> writes:
> So, I went possibly nuclear, and still no cigar. Something's not right.
> - hash_mem_multiplier = '10'
> - work_mem = '1GB'

> The results are
>     Batches: 5  Memory Usage: 2,449,457kB  Disk Usage: 105,936kB
>     Execution Time: 1,837,126.766 ms

> It's still spilling to disk and seems to cap at 2.5GB of memory usage in spite of configuration.

That is ... weird.  Maybe you have found a bug in the spill-to-disk logic;
it's quite new after all.  Can you extract a self-contained test case that
behaves this way?

            regards, tom lane