Re: Josh's Comments on Hstore / Jsonb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett Mc Bride
Subject Re: Josh's Comments on Hstore / Jsonb
Date
List pgsql-general
On 26/02/14 09:32, Merlin Moncure wrote:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM, john.tiger <john.tigernassau@gmail.com> wrote:
Somehow my comments didn't go thru on the soup blog but wanted to throw in
more support for this patch

Josh, you are so right on the money.  An ACID compliant db that serves JSON
is great.  Sorry I didn't make SCALE this year to hear the PG talks and stop
by and say hi.  Maybe at Open West ?  We are incorporating Postgres JSON
served from Nodejs (using Express to offer the REST side) into several new
products.   For modern web apps, JSON just makes so much sense.

Yes, the Node driver needs some work - hopefully we can contribute as we
work more with it.  I'm particularly interested in working offline, then
synching (vis-a-vis couch/pouch).  If anyone else is working on this issue
please feel free to touch base.
Aside: I also have basically completely switched to node.js/express +
postgres (via 'node-postgres').  It's absolutely fantastic.  Besides
the obvious great and getting better json support, you have other
postgres-ism that mesh very well with node: asynchronous notification
for example.

merlin

I'm in the process of prototyping a DB-backed REST web service as a side-project. It's still early
days, but I've been handed a PHP/mysql setup.
After a bit of searching around, I thought that the exact combination above (node.json/express +
node-postgres), possibly coupled with JSON datatypes, could be a really effective solution. ()

Now for the advocacy part - before I saw this thread I wasn't sure whether there were any real-world
implementations of this combination. Are there any good skeletons or prototypes out there to get a
RESTful web service up and running with express and postgres?

--
Brett

Important Notice:
The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.