Re: like-operator on index-scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: like-operator on index-scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andreas Degert <ad@papyrus-gmbh.de> writes:
> I'd like to know if anyone can reproduce a strange error in V7.02
> (debian i386). It happens when an index-scan is done in an index with
> more than 80 entries, using a like-match, where the %-wildcard
> directly follows a '/'.

Someone else just reported this a couple days ago.  Very odd.  I suspect
the problem is locale-related; what LOCALE do you run the postmaster in?

Also, it might help to look at the output of EXPLAIN VERBOSE for
the misbehaving query.  That would let us see what indexscan limits
are being generated.