Re: Postgres perl module namespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Postgres perl module namespace
Date
Re: Postgres perl module namespace
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/6/21 1:08 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 04, 2021 at 09:58:08AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On 9/4/21 2:19 AM, Noah Misch wrote:
>>> plperl uses PostgreSQL:: as the first component of its Perl module namespace.
>>> We shouldn't use both PostgreSQL:: and Postgres:: in the same source tree, so
>>> this change should not use Postgres::.
>> Good point. Here's the same thing using PostgreSQL::Test
> A minor point: this introduces PostgreSQL::Test::PostgresVersion.
> Could be this stripped down to PostgreSQL::Test::Version instead?

That name isn't very clear - what is it the version of, PostgreSQL or
the test?

There's nothing very test-specific about this module - it simply
encapsulates a Postgres version string. So maybe it should just be
PostgreSQL::Version.

cheers

andrew

--