Re: psql: FATAL: user "root" does not exist createdb: database creation failed - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Vishal Kashyap @ [SaiHertz]
Subject Re: psql: FATAL: user "root" does not exist createdb: database creation failed
Date
List pgsql-admin
Try this

createdb -U postgres  ibmadb

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:55:30 +0800 (PHT), Jeoffrey L. Palacio
<jeoff@ibma.org.ph> wrote:

>  Hi to all I'm Jeoffrey, and I'm a newbie to postgreSQL. My problem is
> that when i execute the command createdb <database name> i always get a
>
> [root@webdata root]# createdb ibmadb
> psql: FATAL:  user "root" does not exist
> createdb: database creation failed
>
> Then I tried to create the user root by the command:
>
> createuser <username> and i always get this message also:
>
> [root@webdata root]# createuser
> Enter name of user to add: root
> Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
> Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) n
> psql: FATAL:  user "root" does not exist
> createuser: creation of user "root" failed
>
> my postgresql version is 7.3.4 and my OS is FEDORA CORE 1 x86_64 bit
> architecture.
>
> What is wrong about it? please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeoffrey

With Best Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.
Did you know SaiPACS is one and only PACS
Management tool.
http://saihertz.com,
http://vishalkashyap.tk