Please help - libpq API - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)
Subject Please help - libpq API
Date
Re: Please help - libpq API  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I have already posted my query regarding libpq functions and wide character support. Pls somebody help me. I am using libpq API functions in my C code to do operations on the database. But the problem I m facing is API functions like PQexec() etc....accept only char * .... but as part of localization, the queries I want to executed contain chinese characters which are multibytes. So the queries I want to execute are in wchar_t * format and PQ exec() accepts only char *. Is there any alternate way to execute queries having wide characters.

Even if somehow if I convert wchar_t *  to char * and provide it to Postgres, how will it differentiate between chinese characters and normal characters ??

Please help !!

Regs,
Pradeep

    This e-mail and any attachments thereto, are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and contain Honeywell confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying which amounts to misappropriation of this e-mail and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof."