invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE":0xa1 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Popovici Alexandru
Subject invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE":0xa1
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

     For my database ( PostgreSQL 8) I made a backup (
using pgAdmin ). Now when I try to restore the data (
again using pgAdmin ) at some point the process is
aborted:

-----------
   pg_restore: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for
encoding "UNICODE":0xa1
   CONTEXT: COPY ...............
   pg_restore: [archiver(db)] error returned by
PQendcopy: invalid byte sequence for encading
"UNICODE":0xa1
   CONTEXT: COPY ...............
   pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
   Process returned exit code 1
-----------

   If I delete the database and restore only the
schema I get this message:

-----------
  "WARNING: errors ignored on restore:21
   Process returned exit code 1"

   The designer of database has told me that this last
message is OK, and this is the message which should I
get after restoring the schema and data.
   I have asked him why I can restore the data but
unfortunatelly he doesn't now where the problem is.
   The database is installed on a server with Windows
2003 .

Can you please help me?

Be a better friend, newshound, and